Memorial Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Outpatient Coder - Coding
at Memorial Health System
Full Time -80 hours
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Certified Outpatient Coder is responsible for researching each diagnosis for test ordered by physicians, nursing homes, same day surgery, and other health care facilities for accurate coding to comply with federal regulations and for reviewing physician notes to code accurately and completely the services provided to the patient in the ambulatory setting. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Certification of coding will be required at hire which includes RHIT, CCA, CCS, CPC, COC, CIC, CPC-P, CEMC, CEDC, CEMA
· Knowledge of coding regulations, CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS
· CCI edits, LMRP, computer knowledge (Windows Based), and must be able to communicate written and orally with physicians
1. Assign diagnosis codes to designated accounts and maintaining quality standards.
2. Assigns appropriate E/M level of service based on documentation of provider and maintaining quality standards.
3. Codes charts within an appropriate number of charts per hour.
4. Coordinates completion of the A/R report and/or is compliant with late charges.
5. Remain informed about coding issues to comply with federal regulations.
6. Complies with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
7. Complies with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to official guidelines.
8. Maintains 95% accuracy in coding and abstracting.
9. Utilizes time effectively. Consistently codes and abstracts at minimum productivity standards while ensuring accuracy of coding.
10. Accurately codes all diagnoses and procedures on all outpatient visits, E & M or Ancillary coding.
11. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.