Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineering Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- People Manager
We're looking for a stellar Engineering Manager to join us as we lead the biggest bet at Microsoft, Azure. If you are passionate about cloud computing and obsessed with customer experience, you like to work with services using cutting edge technologies, and you want to play a significant role in the design of mission critical set of features for Azure, then we have a tremendous opportunity for you.
We are the Azure Support Experiences Engineering in Azure CXP, and our team’s primary mission is to build highly scalable and extensible services to build mission critical software for 1st party users to effectively solve Azure customer issues. This team will focus on building extensible infrastructure to deliver Support delivery manager experiences, automate customer support workflows to increase support engineer efficiency to enable faster solution delivery. You will have the unique opportunity to build features to seamlessly engage Azure service teams with customers and assist them with quick issue resolution. This team will also be focusing on building platform features and extensibility models for a vibrant developer community of 150+ active developers.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who loves technological challenges and excel at problem solving, excited about online services, cloud computing and user experience, passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development process Is a self-starter and likes to learn every day as a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping, designing and delivering features end to end - including system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance and quality, from conception to delivery all the way through successful service roll out and Live site support. You will have lot of opportunities and scope to demonstrate breadth, depth of your technical abilities.
- Lead the team in planning, scoping objectives, laying out execution plan and delivering results swiftly without compromising quality
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the software engineering teams on architecture, design, development and live-site
- Partner with Product Management and azure product groups to meet immediate and longer-term objectives
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and application development practices
- Cross-group collaboration, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Build highly productive engineering team by hiring and retaining top talent
- Desire to coach team members, creating opportunities tailored to their career aspirations.
- Ability to learn & work effectively in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of development experience in C++ or C# or Java preferred
- A proven track record of technical leadership and experience in shipping high quality products or services
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services.
- Experience leading and building strong engineering teams
- Familiarity with big data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Azure Data Lake, etc.) is a bonus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.