Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LOCAL TRUCK DRIVER
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
Mohawk’s drivers receive great compensation and excellent benefits! Mohawk’s local drivers are home every day.
Mohawk Industries provides a premium level of service with its privately owned trucking fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations. All of the equipment is professionally maintained. Mohawk’s drivers receive excellent benefits—health, dental, holiday, 401k, tuition reimbursement, college bound savings program & more! Local drivers are home every day!
Home Every Day
Local/Spotter Jobs Available
Shifts Available are 2nd/3rd/Weekend Nights
A driver is responsible for delivering Mohawk products ( carpet, wood, ceramic tile, vinyl, pad, sundries ) safely and efficiently, to customers, domiciled drivers or warehouses. Those performing this job usually work alone and receive direction from Driver Supervisors, Dispatchers, Warehouse Managers and in some cases Regional Transportation Managers.
- Completes pre-operational and post-operational inspections on all job related equipment to include tractors, trailers and off loading devices.
- Completes required DOT and company related paperwork.
- Operates equipment in accordance with DOT and company rules. Adheres to all local, state and federal laws.
- Utilizes Intermec hand – held device to record and complete deliveries.
- Communicates with regional transportation personnel at regular intervals throughout route.
- Delivers product to customers at agreed upon times. Unloads product in a safe manner while paying attention to the quality of the product and the requirements of the customer.
- Collects payment and/or return items from the customer.
- Communicates delivery specific information to transportation personnel to aid in territory planning and route maintenance.
- Adheres to all safety requirements outlined in JSA.
- Must be willing to cross-train on other jobs
- May be required to operate lift truck ( pole, fork ) or other equipment supplied by the customer in order to unload goods.
- Any other duty or assignment requested by management.
- Must have a valid Class A-CDL.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer) or equivalent certifications.
- Must be able to pass a DOT pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a skills test (driving test).
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. In addition, must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, and reach.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be lift truck certified through Mohawk Industries.
- Must be willing and able to work any hours or shifts deemed necessary by management.
- Must have ability to operate Intermec equipment.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Should be familiar with the region in general and the route specifically.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.