Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MACHINIST I (ENGINEERING GROUP) - DALTON, GA - 1ST SHIFT
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
**** 1st shift ****
Performs primarily conventional machine shop work at the journeyman level; position requires self motivation and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment to support departments throughout Mohawk.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Performs repair, rebuilding, fabrication and/or finishing of replacement parts for large mechanical equipment including pumps, valves, shafts, sleeves, bushings, rollers and other special items.
- Operates machine shop tools and equipment including milling machines and lathes; operates metal fabricating equipment including cutting torches; welders and plasma cutter; fabricates and/or refinishes replacement parts using machine drawings or spare parts as guidelines.
- Maintains records and shop drawings as required; provides communication with Machine Shop and other Mohawk personnel; keeps supervisor informed of work progress and problems; Performs machine clean-up/maintenance and general shop clean-up duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Coordinates any outside machine work by a contractor or vendor. Works with Mohawk R&D and Mohawk Technical on special projects.
- Will at times perform the duties of a maintenance mechanic or fabrication mechanic.
- Education: High school diploma or GED, and completion of courses from a mechanical trade school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience:Considerable experience in mechanical maintenance work, including mechanical repair and installations. Fully qualified 5 years machinist experience.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of machine shop tools and equipment including drill press, horizontal and vertical lathes, milling machine, and key cutting machine. Knowledge of machine shop procedures and practices. Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in burning, cutting, welding and blasting of metals, machine drawings, and the ability to perform close tolerance machine work. The ability to plan and carry out machine shop projects, learn new tasks, communicate effectively in verbal and written form, and work in a team atmosphere with all Mohawk staff.
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.