Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OTR TRUCK DRIVER - $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
Mohawk Industries provides a premium level of service with its private fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations. All equipment is safe and professionally maintained. Mohawk Drivers receive excellent benefits—health, dental, holiday, 401k, tuition reimbursement, college bound savings program & much more!
50 CPM (paid for ALL miles!)
2,800+ Miles per Week
$2,500 Sign On Bonus
Give us a call at 866-429-5011!
Mohawk OTR Drivers operate various tractor – trailer combinations for extended periods of time, over long distances in various road, weather and terrain conditions between company/customer facilities, terminals, yards, or other sites in order to pick up, transport, and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Safely operate all assigned equipment under all types of weather, climate, terrain, road and traffic conditions, in both urban and rural settings, over long distances in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and Mohawk Transportation policies, including tire chains when necessary
- Communicates in a professional manner with persons whom the driver is in contact with as a company representative
- Carry out instructions given by management and on documents, including but not limited to manifests, bills of lading and other shipping documents
- Conduct thorough pre and post trip inspections of all equipment assigned and used as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and Mohawk policies
- Properly maintain a driver’s log electronically in accordance with FMCSA and Mohawk Transportation requirements; maintain the skills to properly complete paper logs in case of system failure
- Remain knowledgeable of remaining hours of service at all times and reports potential violations to management immediately
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner including, but not limited to inspection reports, manifests, bills of ladings, trip pay reports, trip fuel and mileage reports, accident reports and any other report or record required by law, regulation or Mohawk Transportation policy
- Verify all documentation against the load information and inform management of inconsistencies, overages, shortages, or damages
- Communicates stops, movements, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, safety hazards, etc. with Dispatch/Operations, by phone, in person, or using McLeod Loadmaster, PeopleNet
- Comprehend and complies with required emergency responses to hazardous material spills or incidents as required by the situation
- Performs work required in a timely manner and maintains adequate results in order to meet service schedules.
- Properly secures or re-secures the cargo as required
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Must pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen (and receive a medical certification of at least 1 year), a skills (driving) assessment and a physical agility assessment
- Must have a minimum of six months recent and verifiable over the road driving experience, operating similar equipment in various terrain, road, weather and traffic conditions
- Must have knowledge of, and comply with, all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written with a diverse group of individuals and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Must be able or have a willingness to learn electronic logs and computerized dispatch systems
- Must be able to operate various types and configurations of equipment, including but not limited to, single or tandem axle tractors or straight trucks of either conventional or cab over design or yard tractors by various manufacturers, automatic or manual transmission vehicles, trailers with swing type and roll up doors
- Must meet all the qualification requirements of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Parts 383 and 391
- Must be able to handle challenging or difficult situations, including with customers
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Sign on bonus is paid out in 3 payments over the course of the first year of employment:
$500 at 30 days, $1,000 at 6 months and $1,000 at 1 year. If employment is terminated at any time during the first year of employment, any remaining bonus payments will not be paid.
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.