Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - PURCHASING
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We’re redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive. If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
As our Purchasing Project Manager – Savings and Spend Analytics, you'll be identifying, prioritizing, and implementing strategies for cost savings using a variety of tools and information, and working with fellow team members to execute projects and realize savings. If you are a difference maker with expertise in sourcing and spend analytics in a manufacturing environment, then this is the opportunity for you.
This position will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and implementing strategies for cost savings using a variety of tools and information, and working with fellow team members to execute projects and realize savings.
- Develop and own strategy for managing cost savings and spend management. Identify and prioritize savings opportunities by using variety of tools and information available.
- Manage the requirements gathering, planning and execution of cost savings projects.
- Identify resources required, assign individual responsibilities, and manage the cross functional teams related to the projects.
- Track performance and compliance related to cost savings initiatives monthly.
- Manage the Ariba Spend Analytics tools; act as Subject Matter Expert and System Lead. Also manage system controls.
- Manage Ariba Contract Management tool; act as Subject Matter Expert and System Lead.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with all internal partners and stakeholders, to ensure alignment and prioritization of goals, projects, and resources.
- Develop productive relationships with the buyers responsible for the spend categories.
- Develop and maintain a positive team dynamic to ensure collaboration and high performance.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Operations Management
- 5 years of sourcing, supply chain, or finance experience
- NAPM or C.P.M./CPSM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, TQM certifications a plus
- Experience mining large amounts of data and summarizing to the top 5-10 actionable items with the greatest financial benefit.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (Processing and Analyzing Data).
- Passion for results, strategy, and execution.
- Expertise in purchasing, spend management, or sourcing.
- Capable of driving change while maintaining positive internal relations.
- Exceptional track record at building relationships and partnering with internal customers.
- Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with reporting, data, and analytics.
- Track record of project leadership including partnership/team building with Operations, R&D, PD, Engineering and Finance.
- Experience with Ariba and/or other spend management/spend analytics systems.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.