Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Specialist I
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We’re redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Primary Objective: Ensures adherence to safety policies and procedures, drive actions to abate and control hazards and communicate safety concerns and issues to all levels of the organization.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings and oversees activities of BBS and Housekeeping committees, reports findings and recommendations to management, and provides management assistance with correction/completion of action items resulting from audit results.
- Conducts comprehensive safety training for temporaries and new hires, and required OSHA training and supplementary safety training for all employees.
- Prepares Toolbox Talks, safety postings, weekly safety communications on lagging indicators, and Safety Alerts on an as needed basis.
- Interacts with associates to lead safety initiatives on the production floor.
- Collaborates with leaders to drive sustainable safety improvements.
- Maintains OSHA 300 log and records of safety training, incident investigations/corrective actions and other safety related items.
- Assists facilities with development and implementation safety programs and processes, safety training, and provides on-site assistance with safety and health issues.
- Performs crisis management for unintended releases, property losses, and accident investigations. .
- Ensures adherence to and facilitates employee training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s in EH&S or related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of machine operations, electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- 3 – 5 years Supervisory experience in a production environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Ability to establish trust with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to influence others in the organization and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to recognize and eliminate or minimize hazards throughout the organization.
- Ability to foster a cooperative relationship with various departments, regulatory agencies, local government, corporate environmental, corporate safety and other Mohawk SBU’s.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent computer and communication skills (written and oral).
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled