Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR GLOBAL SOURCING MANAGER
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
The position will lead global category strategies across the business unit with focus on strategic supplier collaboration and creating customer value. This position will implement and manage global commodity strategies, be responsible for supplier accountability and establish metrics and standards to ensure that purchased materials support the business objectives in cost, service and quality. The role will have a demonstrated strong background and knowledge base in assigned product line(s) from conceptual stage through product life cycle to optimize profit, as well as meet sourcing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. The position will take on a business partnering role, acting as the key interface to international offices, import purchasing, product management and international logistics.
- Develops both short and long-term strategic sourcing plans and implements actions to achieve results. Using negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, cost, delivery, and service levels meet company standards and objectives.
- Develops and implements cost and profit margin initiatives in order to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Develops relationships with vendors to provide best quality and the lowest cost while managing supplier relations and contract compliance in order to maintaining highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Visits import vendors and markets to stay abreast of product issues and opportunities.
- Leads improvement actions through management and production teams.
- Develops and delivers sourced product presentations.
- Facilitates problem resolution related to product quality and supply chain issues.
- Directs and leads new import product development.
- Maintains relationships with global field personnel and helps resolve problems.
- Visits supplier manufacturing plants to ensure product quality.
- Continuously analyze market conditions to ensure present and future material availability and cost.
- Manages special projects and performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business required. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years International Business Experience Required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive management responsibility in contract negotiation, analysis, product development, product management or strategic sourcing.
- Experience and sound understanding of manufacturing and sales processes.
- Bi-Lingual skills preferred.
- Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization as well as externally with a global population of customers, supplies, vendors and providers.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
Demonstrated ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and delegate.
- Must have strong/proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.