Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TUFTING MACHINE OPERATOR-IND PARK
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge
12-HOUR NIGHT B/D SWING SHIFT
8:00 PM-8:00 AM
- Operates tufting machine (Ex. Threading and/or replacing needles, replace cutting blades, align cutting blade block, and hook replacement).
- Repairs yarn breaks in creels and beams with splicer
- Conducts machine set up checks (production checklist, “deck board” and backing verification).
- Compares tufted carpet to gauge standard and side/center/side match.
- Performs quality inspection during production runs, mends voids in carpets as required.
- Changes backing as required.
- Doffs off carpet rolls as required.
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and pro-actively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipment, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Prior experience in operating tufting machine equipment preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Successful completion of all on the job training.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Keep simple records and creates reports.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb, stand for long periods of time, bend, crouch, and stooping may be required.
- Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities.
- Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work in all types of weather.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.