Neptune Technology Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Firmware Project Engineer
at Neptune Technology Group Inc.
The Firmware Project Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new products as well as engineering support for existing products. This individual performs product design and works as a team member with R&E, Marketing, and Manufacturing for new products while complying with project schedules and budgets.
- Excellent C/C programming skills with experience in embedded system design and development
- Extensive experience in debugging embedded systems
- Experience with embedded firmware development tools such oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DC power analyzers, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers
- Experience with designing and developing RF products for public and proprietary networks
- Experience with ARM Cortex M3/M4, 8051, and MSP430 microcontrollers
- Experience with Keil, IAR or equivalent IDEs/compilers
- Knowledge of wireless communication techniques and associated protocols such as LoRaWAN, Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Smart (BLE), cellular communication (LTE)
- Familiarity with low power design practices for battery powered devices
- Familiarity with serial communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
- Experience with JIRA or other issue tracking software
- Experience with TeamCity or other continuous integration platforms
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (Scrum/XP)
- Experience with unit testing and unit testing frameworks/tools such as CppUTest and Unity
- Excellent documentation practices and communication skills
- Commitment to maintaining project schedules and delivering tasks on time
- Knowledge of networking connectivity protocols such as TCP/IP, FTP, MQTT
- Experience with agency certifications such FCC, Industry Canada, and cellular carrier certifications
- Project management experience
- Labview experience
- Embedded Linux experience
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 3 years in Engineering product design and development. (1 year of experience for candidates with a Master of Science degree.)
- 1 year of embedded C programming
Location: Duluth, Georgia or Tallassee, Alabama