Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Educator - Obesity - South Atlanta Georgia
at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc.’s (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is responsible for the delivery of Obesity education for relevant local stakeholders, to empower proactive, systematic and chronic medical management of Obesity and foster relevant use of Pharmacotherapy. Responsible for the delivery of Obesity education beyond Health Care Professionals (HCPs), to support the medical management of Obesity. This may include practices, health systems, bariatric/weight management centers, employers with coverage, (and when relevant their employees), employers’ coalitions and community centers who have the desire and interest in treating obesity or in supporting the person with Obesity (patient or employee) engaged in medical management of their Obesity. Responsible for the development of the market by educating HCPs who have the desire to treat Obesity. Responsible for growth of the market to increase the number of patients treated for Obesity and increase the HCPs who proactively, systematically and chronically medically manage patients with Obesity. Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed within territory.
Position will manage multiple external relationships including relationships with local stakeholders and patients. Proactively and effectively collaborates with internal sales, marketing, medical and legal personnel. Interacts and collaborates on a regular basis with other field-based employees covering the same geographic areas and also collaborates with home-office functions, such as marketing, medical and legal personnel.
- Establish obesity as a chronic versus an acute disease while helping to develop protocols to support that goal
- Builds the understanding of Obesity management through HCP/staff education, patient education, patient device training, employer education, health system education and community education (support groups, partnership with weight management centers)
- Seeks new avenues to heighten awareness and action within each unique territory utilizing approved resources and Standards of Care in Obesity Management on how to better manage patients’ respective disease state according to guidelines. Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed within territory
- Supports local market access activities at employers who have opted in for obesity coverage
- Develop leads in accounts to increase the depth of knowledge and call to action
- Works closely with support staff through the PA process, billing, and follow up
- Where there is access to Branded AOMs, work with employer and IDN Health and Wellness Departments
- Partnering with external, local human resource benefit professionals to discuss the ways to enhance employee engagement in obesity treatment
- Educate employees of opted-in employers who are requesting Obesity knowledge
- Align with internal stakeholders to identify and meet customer needs
- Collaborate with Obesity Care Specialist (OCS), Obesity District Business Manager (ODBM), and Market Access to align on the region’s practice and local connector needs
- Adjust territory routing to help ensure that targeted providers receive exposure to the Education Field Force Strategy. Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with field counterpart to leverage collaborative opportunities while staying within the Education Field Force Strategy and Novo Nordisk policies and guidelines
- Conduct educational programs in primary care and specialty offices for HCPs and office staff to increase the office’s obesity management understanding via systematic delivery of weight management education
- Ensure that education delivered follows the standards of care and other relevant treatment guidelines
- Execute on the Education Field Force Strategy tactics and demonstrates adaptability if/when the strategy changes, and implement weight management curriculum following the Education Field Force Strategy strategic and tactical direction
- Implements customized educational programs based upon needs
- Involves health systems, employers and other community stakeholders to capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Serves as a trusted advisor in weight management education for targeted healthcare professionals
- Works closely with office management giving insight and gaining knowledge of the staffs' and patients' educational needs
- Demonstrate openness to coaching and development and make adjustments based on coaching Prioritize budget resources to effectively execute the overall Education Field Force Strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed within territory
30-40% overnight travel required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant pharmaceutical sales, clinical or medical experience. Relevant obesity or related clinical experience preferred
- Bachelor degree required; Degree in life or health sciences preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Bilingual preferred in certain geographic markets
- Ability to work independently in a field based role is required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer /F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Educator - Obesity - South Atlanta Georgia
US - GA