Novogradac & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Counsel
at Novogradac & Company
# of openings:
Assistant General Counsel
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 25 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
The Assistant General Counsel will work with the firm’s General Counsel in supporting the firm’s legal needs. This position is available for one of the following office locations: Cleveland, OH; Dover, OH; Austin, TX; Alpharetta, GA.
Assist the General Counsel in advising and representing the firm in connection with a variety of legal and contractual matters, including but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to partners and employees with respect to preparation of the firm’s client engagement letters, master services agreements, responses to requests for proposals, subcontractor agreements, Kovel agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other vendor and client-related agreements
- Subpoena compliance and other court-related matters
- Review of leases for the firm’s premises throughout the country
- Protection of firm’s intellectual property
- Investigation and handling of employment-related legal issues
- Other projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on a variety of contracts, including negotiation of agreements with clients, vendors and other third parties is required
- Strong legal research experience dealing with nuanced issues in a variety of practice areas
- Ability to anticipate and identify issues and strategically weigh risks is key
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Interest in playing a long-term role within a growing legal department
- Experience drafting court filings is desirable, but not required
- IP experience preferred, but not required.
Juris Doctor degree with two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience as a practicing attorney at a law firm or as an in-house corporate attorney required. Must be a member in good standing with the Bar in one of the following states: Georgia, Ohio, or Texas. To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.