Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sous Chef (Rounds Chef)
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta’s newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck in addition to our Lobby Bar and hotel restaurant.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Banquet kitchen, restaurant kitchen and food production outlets.
- Advise Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Manages employees encompassing culinary, servers and stewarding.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of restaurant unit.
- Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- AAS in Culinary Arts or equivalent from an accredited University or Institute.
- Previous culinary experience is highly preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational, management, culinary, communication, and motivational skills.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
- Must possess strong background in analytical cost efficiency kitchen management, regional cuisine with all aspects of proper production & presentation methods.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification, required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.