Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Manager - Atlanta South, GA
This position is responsible and accountable for achieving sales quota through profiling, targeting, needs analysis, and closing on targeted account customers consisting of Health Care Professional (Endocrinologists, CDE’s), key diabetes institutions, and managed care organizations.
The Territory Manager is accountable for consistently achieving sales objectives and ensuring these sales are profitable and within the guidelines of Insulet Corporation’s defined sales and marketing practices. The position is responsible for the development, management, and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation to achieve sales and market share growth. The Territory Manager will expand business and brand loyalty within strategic accounts consisting of private practice, large diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions, and other major medical centers. He/she will call on customers to raise their level of awareness and increase the demand of the Insulet Corporation product line within their defined geographic territory. This position will bear the responsibility of correlating any professional contact needed within the above mentioned accounts with the operational, quality or customer service teams of Insulet Corporation.
- Meets/exceeds sales objective as well as market share within assigned geographic area.
- Develops and maintains superior relationships with key diabetes decision makers and influencers. Effective in implementing customer loyalty initiatives.
- Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating Insulet Corporation product, as well as all related diabetes products including competitive products.
- Consistently exhibits proficiency in demonstrating and training on all ancillary Insulet Corporation data management software.
- Maintains a high profile with decision-makers of the assigned strategic accounts.
- Maintains an active role with Managed Markets, which includes a sound working knowledge of managed care organization as well as key decision-makers.
- Facilitates and conducts required customer training programs.
- Maintains a high profile with the professional diabetes organizations in the assigned geographical area.
- Routinely contacts and manages sales promotions related to the assigned territory.
- Works effectively and productively with colleagues in the commercial and corporate office.
- Consistently executes all field sales activities with a high degree of professionalism in accordance with established promotional guidelines.
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and works within the specified budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years' sales experience with a successful track record.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior sales experience in medical device and/or specialty of diabetes strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated relationships with Endocrinologists strongly preferred.
- Prior industry, clinical, and diabetes training experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to execute sales and marketing plan; ability to manage territory budget.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced start-up environment; results oriented.
- Team-player with experience in dealing directly with Health Care Professionals and people with diabetes.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned area. This position requires regular business travel mostly by car within a set geographic region.
- Overnight travel and amount of air travel varies by territory, typically 2 – 5 overnights a month.
- Ability to carry and transport professional sales samples and literature.