Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Histotechnician - 5639 in College Park, GA at PathGroup
A Histotechnician (HT) prepares human body tissue for examination by other laboratory professionals. The person in this position performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. This position also performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed.
- Embed all types of tissue
- Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
- Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy
- Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC
- Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
- Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
- Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
- File blocks and slides as needed
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.