Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Histotechnician- SE Ops - 5795 in College Park, GA at PathGroup
The Histotechnician performs all duties of histology including: embedding, cutting, staining, cover slipping, microtomy and case management of the daily slides. This position is responsible for performing special stains and immunohistochemistry procedures as directed.
- Embed all types of tissue
- Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
- Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy
- Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC
- Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
- Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
- Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
- File blocks and slides as needed
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste