Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Phlebotomy Supervisor - 5593 in Lawrenceville, GA at PathGroup
Phlebotomist Supervisor, under the direction of the Phlebotomy Manager, ensure that daily work of the Patient Service Centers (PSCs) and In-office Phlebotomy (IOPs) are completed accurately and on time. The person in this position maintains a safe and professional environment for patients, clients, and employees by supervising and monitoring Phlebotomist activities on a regular basis, ensuring compliance with all PathGroup policies and procedures.
- Implements the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for phlebotomy services in accordance with PathGroup guidelines and distributes information to phlebotomists as needed.
- Provides leadership and supervises assigned department, makes decisions, solves problems, assists in developing procedures, conducts and attends meetings.
- Manages the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions. Participates in the interview and selection process of phlebotomist employees.
- Supervises employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manages employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Phlebotomy Manager and Human Resources.
- Coordinates the work of phlebotomist in the Patient Service Centers and In-office Phlebotomy (IOPs) to assure that production is consistent and service levels are maintained. Plays an important role in the dissemination of information to employees.
- Performs site visits as assigned, and document findings. Assists with QA (quality assurance) audits.
- Ensures effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment while concurrently establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Maintains and determines usage of department supplies and inventory.
- Ensures all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately and on time.
- Fills in to provide coverage for phlebotomists at varying locations as needed.
- Maintains required records and documentation.
- Reviews and approves schedules with minimal overtime for employees and floaters.
- Reviews and approves time/attendance entry of employees.
- Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
- Approves time in attendance software by noon on the Monday following the end of the pay period. Submits accurate expense and travel logs Monday for the week prior or as directed by management.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment.
- Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
- Utilizes time appropriately. Capable of maintaining fluctuating patient flow.
- Displays courteous and professional behavior to clients, patients, and co-workers. Communicates with co-workers and clients in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
- Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement.
- Performs duties in independent manner.
- Communicates pertinent information/issues to manager for resolution.
- Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.
- Works in conjunction with phlebotomists and group leaders to accurately conduct periodic inventory counts.