Paulding County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Nurse (Anticipated Vacancy)
at Paulding County School District
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- School Nurse (Anticipated Vacancy) JobID: 1015
- Position Type:
Support Staff/School Nurse
- Date Posted:
System Wide (one or more)
- Date Available:
2019-2020 school year
- Closing Date:
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Applicants will be selected for interview. Please do not contact local schools.
- It is the policy of the Paulding County School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service.
- Vacancies posted for a minimum of ten (10) calendar days. Emergency vacancies posted for a minimum of five (5) calendar days.
- The Paulding County School District uses the E-Verify system to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To strengthen and facilitate the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children and by identification and assistance in the removal or modification of health related barriers to learning for individual children.
• Educational Level: Diploma, or Associate Degree
• License Required: Valid Practical Nurse license from Georgia Board of Nursing preferred
• Previous Pediatric, Community Health, and/or School Health nursing experience preferred
• Current CPR certification
The Paulding County School District reserves the right to accept alternatives to some of the above requirements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Some travel involved, as needed
• Exhibits professionalism in all job related situations and follow professional ethics in all work related activities
• Communicates responsibly with all individuals and groups
• Adheres to local school procedures and regulations in supportive manner
• Seeks to improve through professional development and evaluation activities
• Coordinates screening and evaluates findings of deficits for vision, scoliosis, etc.
• Serve as a resource person to teachers and parents concerning health problems, disease process, and disabilities as they relate to learning and school
• Initiates referrals to parents, school personnel, and community health resources for intervention, remediation, and follow through
• Provides ongoing health education with students, parents, and health agencies
• Provide in-service education programs to staff on health issues, wellness, and prevention including CPR, medication administration, etc.
• Recommends and helps to implement modification of school programs to meet students' health needs
• Plans, implements, and evaluates school health management protocols for the student with special health needs including administration of medications, catheterizations, tube feedings, and suctioning under the supervision of a supervisory nurse
• Serves on related community and educational committees as deemed appropriate
• Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator
SALARY RANGE: $14,307 to $21,252
• Internal applicants must submit a cover letter and updated resume to