Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Peak Campus
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Property Management
Manage student housing portfolio by maximizing net operating income through increasing revenues and minimizing expenditures while maintaining a high caliber of on-site services and staff.
- Manage an excellent customer service program by adhering to the Peak Simply Service Standards
- Maintain excellent customer relations through timely communication and solutions to customer concerns
- Manage high quality on-site team at each property through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs
- Manage personnel issues through effective communication of expectations and timely progressive counseling as required to ensure peak performance of all employees
- Effectively perform and document appropriate employee evaluations including, but not limited to, performance reviews and corrective action reviews, and termination paperwork
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities of each market through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure on-site staff develops similar knowledge
- Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which effectively maximize rental income and budgeted occupancy
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs; identify trends and proactively recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments
- Establish and implement renewal and leasing goals for each property in portfolio
- Responsible for setting rental rates in conjunction with the annual budget process. Present recommendations to Executive Vice President and owners as required
- Evaluate and implement changes to rent/pricing strategies, and ensure websites and collateral materials are accurate and updated
- Develop and maintain university relationships throughout the year, including ongoing meetings with university housing, resident life and financial aid office. Maintain contact as necessary on a weekly and monthly basis on university- affiliated properties to maintain a strong working relationship.
- When authorized meet with clients, insurance adjusters, government agencies, code officials, tenant groups, et cetera, acting in the capacity of an authorized representative of the company.
- Supervise, plan and implement annual Turn-related events for each property in portfolio; provide assistance and support as needed
- Conduct quarterly property inspections to include curb appeal, workplace safety standards, office operations, maintenance operations, capital improvements, risk management issues, common areas and all other requirements as outlined in the Company policies and procedures
- Assist Property Managers with development of annual operating budgets according to guidelines set forth by Executive Committee, owners and investors; Present annual budgets as required for approval
- Responsible for operating each property within the parameters of the operating budget.
- Responsible for ensuring all properties within portfolio follow company policies regarding collection of rent, reporting, delinquent rent collections and charges; approve write-offs
- Approve invoices within established Company policies
- Analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements. Review and approve monthly variance reports that support and explain the results in a thorough and professional manner
- Review and approve monthly accruals and reclasses according to accounting guidelines outlined in Company policies and procedures
- Negotiate contracts and major purchases in conjunction with the Property Manager as needed, in accordance with budget guidelines.
- Have knowledge of and follow all Federal, State and local laws related to managing assets
- Ensure on-site teams follow Peak operating standards at all times
- Accurately complete required reports as outlined in the Peak policies and procedures as well as additional reports requested by owner and/or supervisor(s)
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required
- Ensure written and verbal communication to internal and external customers is professional and timely
- Conduct effective portfolio meetings
- Respond to legal issues as consulted and advised by Peak Senior Counsel
- All other duties as assigned to meet Company goals and objectives
Education and Other Requirements:
- A minimum of 3-5 years multi-site property management experience is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A four-year college degree in hospitality or business management preferred
- Ability to read and write English fluently
- Ability to perform intermediate to advanced mathematical functions
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions, preferably OneSite and MRI experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) required
- Position requires ability to work hours as needed to meet the needs and requirements of the job
- Travel required as needed to fulfill requirements of the position and to attend company events and training course