Cogeco Peer 1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud Migration Specialist
at Cogeco Peer 1
The Cloud Migration specialists provide hands-on technical support for assessing, architecting, and migrating diverse web/database platforms from client hosted environments to Azure, AWS, and other hosted infrastructure platforms. They work closely with customers and internal teams to analyze and balance re-platforming, reengineering, and 'as is' migration approaches through Professional Service consultation and project delivery.
- Provide best practice design recommendations for migrating applications from an on-premise location to the MS Azure or AWS Cloud.
- Perform cloud assessments using a variety of tools to evaluate cost vs performance.
- Assist in design of highly available, secure, and scalable cloud infrastructure tuned to project and business requirements.
- Create and manage Statement of Work (SOW) documents for professional service engagements.
- Deployment of highly available, secure, and scalable cloud infrastructure based on project and design requirements.
- Set up & troubleshoot Azure builds, including but not limited to ARM, ASR, SQL, Containers & Azure AD.
- Participate in pre-sales engagements as needed
- Assist with developing and executing validation procedures to ensure migration and design objectives have been satisfied
- Develop and produce documentation of the implemented solution.
- Provide down-stream operational knowledge transfer to internal and external teams.
- Emphasize monitoring and issue mitigation in service of SLA achievement.
- Migrating remotely hosted environments to MS Azure, AWS, and/or VMware private cloud environments
- 4+ years building, configuring, and managing solutions in multi-tenant enterprise environments.
- Azure and/or AWS Architect certification required
- Familiarity with automation tools and scripting
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Strong knowledge of networking
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows Active Directory, MS SQL HA Options and Clustering.
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V, Vmware, and other hypervisors.
- Good technical knowledge of Exchange 2010/2013/2016.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (bash, vbscript, powershell, Azure cli,etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing backup and disaster recovery technologies.
- Foundational understanding of CI/CD methodologies
- VCP and/or RHCE a plus
- Experience working with DevOps and in CI/CD tooling
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes or other container technologies
- Experience designing and deploying containerized environments
- Good technical knowledge of MSSQL and/or mySQL database administration.
- Experience in O365 migration scenarios. From exchange and other mail systems. Internet mail technology experience (IE host and MX records, spam filters, mail bagging services, etc.)