Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Initial Claims Handler II
at The General
Posted Date4 weeks ago(5/22/2019 5:54 PM)
- # Positions
The General is seeking an Initial Claims Handler II to join our company.
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy.
- Establish and maintain appropriate diary of open claims following company guidelines.
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds; conduct recorded statements.
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys; issue proper payments.
- Open and process correspondence related to assigned claims.
- Recognize recovery opportunities regarding subrogation and salvage.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- INS or other insurance related courses preferred.
- Six months to one year of property claims handling experience.
- Proficient PC and Windows skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication, time management, negotiation, organization and investigative skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.