Preferred Freezer Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (2nd Shift)
at Preferred Freezer Services
Preferred Freezer Services of Atlanta, GA(Lithia Springs) are looking for an individual to join their team as a Shipping/Receiving Coordinator for the 2nd Shift(2:30pm-11:00pm)
The Shipping/Receiving Coordinator is responsible for assisting scheduling appointments for trans-continental deliveries and containers, inform all customers of returns and receive authorization, communicate inbound/outbound loads/orders with the Operations team, and inspect products for proper and intact packaging pursuant to Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) regulations.
- Verify load pick-up/drop off information with drivers and the shipping schedule.
- Ensure drivers properly endorse documents and distribute copies along with delivery schedules.
- Ensure that the product is picked and orders are assembled based on appointment times.
- Monitor product brought to loading dock for trucker inspection and count pursuant to
- Receiver will make best effort to detect for bad odor or sub-standard appearance.
- Correctly describe and document incoming product on receiving tallies.
- Receive correct breakdown prior to container arrival for a pre-submitted tally.
- Responsible for all tallies adjustment (i.e. breakdown doesn’t match actual case count).
- Coordinate breakdowns with proper doors for corresponding containers.
- Communicate with the Switcher for smooth transaction with containers.
- Maintain proper lot numbers.
- Keep contact list current via Delfour.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working in a 3PL warehouse, preferably cold storage.