Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Life Insurance Claims Adjuster
Join Our Team
Our Company headquarters is located in Duluth, GA.
The 367,000-square-foot building houses 1,700 employees who provide first-class support to our sales force as they build their business and serve clients.
For six years in a row, Primerica has been recognized by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as one of the best workplaces in Georgia! Over the past five years, Primerica has consistently been voted “Best Employer” by Gwinnett Magazine.
About this Position
The Claims Adjuster investigates and evaluates Life Claims, Terminal Illness Accelerated Benefit, and/or Waiver of premium claims.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The role reviews coverage eligibility, policy status, and requests necessary proof of loss documents. The candidate reviews and evaluates claim proofs and medical records and determines benefit eligibility and recommends claims for payment or denial. The Life Claims Adjuster primarily handles a Contestable claims caseload.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Life Insurance Claims Adjuster is required
- Experience in reviewing, adjudicating and settling life claims is required
- Experience corresponding with Attorneys and Departments of Insurance
- Knowledge of pre-existing conditions, misrepresentation, state regulatory compliance guidelines, minor beneficiaries, conservatorship, estate appointee requirements and state specific revocation laws
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment, research, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle high volumes
- Excellent PC skills
Day one health, dental, and vision insurance
401k plan with 4% basic employer contribution and 100% employer match contribution up to 6%
Vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time off
Life and disability insurance
Flexible Savings Account & Health Savings Account
Company-sponsored social and philanthropy events
Since 1977 Primerica has been a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to create more financially independent families. Led by CEO Glenn Williams and President Peter Schneider, our 2,000 employees are proud to be an integral part of achieving Primerica's goal to help families become financially independent.
Primerica employees support our representatives as they provide education and financial solutions to their communities through term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products. We insured approximately 5 million lives and have more than 2 million client investment accounts. Our competitive salaries, award-winning benefits package, and employee recognition programs are just a few of the reasons our average employee tenure is 13 years.
Our stock is traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PRI.”
If you need an accommodation with any part of the application process, please call 470-564-6820 during regular business hours.