PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate - Atlanta, GA - (2019-12440)
at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Posted Date
Warehouse Associate - Atlanta, GA - (2019- 12440)
About PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. With 34 distribution centers throughout the US and more than 1,200 employees, PrimeSource is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. For more information, please visit www.primesourcebp.com , www.griprite.com, www.pro-twist.com
Prime Source Building Products, Inc., one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of building supply products is seeking reliable, hard-working Warehouse Associate in our Atlanta, GA (Ellenwood) location. 40 hour work week and these are regular full-time role.
Competitive Pay Rate: PLUS complete benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, 401K with company match), Holiday pay and PTO.
Rotating Shift Schedules: Monday-Friday with 1 hour lunch and (2) paid 15 minute breaks.
Receives, stores, picks, loads and distributes building product materials inside and outside of the Distribution Center. Also drives propane, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks or similar equipment to lift, stack, tier, or move products or materials by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- At minimum, the employee can expect to pick up and place on a pallet 560 pieces (or cartons) over an eight hour period weighing on average 40-50 lbs.
- Fall protection device weight limitation is 310 lbs.
- Pieces (or cartons) may be picked up from heights ranging from as low as sitting on the ground to shoulder height.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Transfers materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets and transports orders to packing station or shipping department or directly to trucks.
- Load and unload Company shipments safely and without damage.
- Verify quantity and quality of products received. Document discrepancies promptly.
- Restock products as needed.
- Pull customer orders promptly and accurately for packaging and shipment.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the warehouse and yard grounds.
- Conduct physical inventory counts.
- Complete all paperwork in a clean and legible manner. (English Required)
- Maintain proper care and maintenance of all Company equipment.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens pallets, crates, and other containers with proper safety equipment in a safe manner.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting equipment.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reaching for box from the ground, raising to waist height, 50lbs, at a minimum rate of 70 times an hour.
- Reaching for box from shoulder height, lowering to waist height, 50lbs, at a minimum of 70 times an hour.
- Truncated movement from left to right picking up box and lowering again, 50lbs, at a minimum of 70 times an hour.
- Truncated movement from right to left picking up box and lowering again, 50lbs, at a minimum of 70 times an hour.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.