Purchasing Power, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Purchasing Power, LLC
Purchasing Power, Midtown Atlanta, GA
Purchasing Power is seeking a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts/multiple locations of data, and help us make smarter and faster decisions to deliver better results. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems that identify areas to drive incremental revenue and predict long term performance and customer activity.
What you’ll do.
The Data Scientist supports client data integration across the company’s global enterprise. Manages the retrieval, transformation, delivery, and exchange of data between both internal and external business systems across all business units and client base. Provides daily operational production support. Requires a strong understanding of discipline. Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations. Makes decisions within broad parameters. Acts as an informal resource for others with less experience. Works with team members to provide operational support, documentation, and knowledge sharing of best practices.
- Provides data driven input, with insight and forward-thinking recommendations to business leaders.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate company and research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision making
- Consistently provide proactive and prescriptive analytics
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly metrics and alert business leaders to issues and trends
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Analyze business activities and present results and recommendations to enhance operational strategies both for awareness, effectiveness and overall financial benefit.
- Review business processes via analysis and involvement to develop optimization strategies the focus on value-add work.
- Develop predictive models of customer value, behavior, and responsiveness based on various business activities related to Fraud, Fed Gov, Account Management, Account Recovery, Sales, HR, and Underwriting
- Recognizes and communicates financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Provides support related to data needs stored within databases, including Domo reports.
- Maintains relationship with IT and Finance teams to assure data accuracy and integrity.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the departments you support
- Creates process procedures, standards, and flows for current and future state initiatives/analysis.
- Completes special projects as assigned for various departments such as Fed Gov, Account Management, Account Recovery, Sales, HR, and Underwriting
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to department quality and delivery standards.
- Maintaining and staying up to date on the latest analytical tools and trends.
- Lead meetings and develop presentations to easily explain analysis and drive actionable results.
- Actively participate and partner in operational department financial related meetings.
- Incorporate proven modeling that provides future predictions on business operations and financial status.
Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear concise manner
Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Developing a robust forecasting model that will predict revenue over a 18 month period based customer behavior, historical activity, and known future improvements/changes
Assisting with the development and implementation of an EDM process
Assist with training and coaching team members on advancing their predictive analytics skills
Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Analytics, Mathematics, or relevant field)
Master’s Degree in Data Analytics/Data Science preferred
Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
Extensive experience with SAS. (Current tool primarily used)
Great communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
Experience with data visualization tools, and the ability to visualize data in an executive consumption format
Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
Why Purchasing Power?
We are the leading specialty e-retailer offering consumer products, vacations and online education services through an easy and convenient payment plan. Our customers love us because we make paying for their purchases stress- and hassle-free. The automatic payments help them to avoid penalty fees and ballooning interest associated with other payment options. While the fixed payment duration options empower them to budget more efficiently. Ours is a revolutionary e-commerce experience that gives customers access to a better life combined with a responsible way to buy.
Purchasing Power is ‘Powering People to a Better Life™’ through its employee purchase program, financial literacy efforts and charitable contributions.
For more information, visit www.PurchasingPower.com
- Our people! We are very proud of our people, we “Power People to a better life”
- 100% company paid benefits for employees
- Kitchen stocked with gourmet coffee, teas and free snacks
- Casual work environment
- Summer Hours
- Flexible PTO
- Top of the line hardware
Purchasing Power is an equal opportunity employer. At Purchasing Power, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.