Pyramid Consulting Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Modeler
at Pyramid Consulting Inc.
This is a 06+ Months Contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Atlanta, GA. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-16749
- Experience Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse (DW) solutions.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and have experience working with business areas to translate their business data needs and data questions into project requirements.
- Data Analysis and Data Modeling.
- Involved in new BI and DW solutions, such as Dashboards and Reports, and to work with many different business areas within the company.
- BI/DW development life cycle and will independently and collaboratively write project/enhancement requirements and perform data modeling duties.
- Coordinate with technical BI/DW development staff through design, construction and implementation as a business area liaison, consultant and UAT tester.
- Self-starter, responsible, professional, accountable
- A 'finisher', seeing a project or task through to completion in spite of challenges
- Strong team ethic and customer-support focus
- Ability to contribute knowledge by sharing business & technology skills with peers
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and instincts
- Strong Data Relational & Dimensional modeling (5+ years) on the following platforms: Teradata and either Oracle or DB2.
- Experience in using data modeling techniques and tools (focused on Dimensional design), Entity Relationship diagrams, Erwin, etc.
- Exceptional SQL skills with ability to write complex queries.
- Experience in translating business requirements to SQL-based ETL.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient testing skills – unit, system and integration.
- Strong business analyst and requirements gathering/writing skills.
- Experience in developing according to SDLC and accustomed to working with technical documents (flowcharts, programming specifications, etc.).
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skill.
- Data Relational & Dimensional modeling on the following platforms:
- Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access.
- Knowledge of CA Erwin Data Modeler.
- Knowledge of DataStage development techniques.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux platform and shell scripting.
- Experience with Teradata or Oracle/Exadata database performance tuning.
- Experience with ChangeMan MVS code versioning software.
- Experience with Zeke MVS/Zeke Agent Job scheduler.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Railroad knowledge and experience.
- Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field.
At Pyramid, we get I.T. And we get You. Information Technology has grown into every area of business, and you are ready to grow your career along with it. You take your career seriously, and need a partner who does too.
You need a partner who can recognize your past success and connect you with companies who are ready to challenge and reward you for your contributions.
That’s where you can count on us. Our experienced Technical Recruiters will partner with you to help find that next job that is the right fit for where you are now, and serves as a stepping stone to where you want to go in your career.
Join the Pyramid Consulting Talent Network today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.