Qurate Retail Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Design Consultant
at Qurate Retail Group
Job Description Details
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring not only the best leaders but also hiring a stellar team. As Junior Design Consultant, you will be responsible for many facets of elevating our guest experience with an emphasis on nurturing the growth of our complimentary design service. Your partnership with other Design Consultants will help promote external outreach within the community to support and expand our current market penetration. You are the champion of guest engagement so that our guest will experience an inspiring shopping event where they feel empowered to customize their space.
The Junior Design Consultant Position
- With the partnership of an assigned mentor, learn and understand the design industry and our Design Solutions (DS) business acumen
- Coordinate needs, present solutions and alternatives to individual guests that are seeking design expertise primarily through the On-Demand design experience
- Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, Ballard Designs private label credit card, in-store events and community outreach programs
- Support larger projects driven by the assigned mentor or other DS team members with the intent to learn professional and brand methods
- In partnership with the store DS team, facilitate the store presentation of the Ballard Designs swatch library, including swatch ordering, maintenance and organization, as well as provide viable solutions to challenges within the design experience
- Collaborate in the planning and contribute to the execution of seasonal store events and other community events planned on the store calendar
- Proactively contribute ideas for identifying and networking with local organizations and businesses that would benefit from DS services and distribute appropriate DS marketing materials
- Partner with the Design Solutions team to promote the Designer Trade program, ultimately driving business
- Work directly with the assigned mentor to meet varying time requirements of all aspects of the Design Solutions program for an organized and efficient DS work flow
- Support the retail store team in varied responsibilities, including (but not limited to), order entry, visual floorsets and merchandising, reinforcement of store maintenance and standards, and product training activities
Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including guest interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focus on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- Exhibit a passion for design and a willing curiosity to understand and grow in the design program for our brand
- Minimum of 6 months retail experience in a Ballard Designs store or 1 year retail experience in the home décor market and/or a recent college degree or associate degree graduate with a design focus
- If applicable, provide a design portfolio or examples of school design concepts
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other web based platforms
- Ability to work independently as directed
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various time lines
- Excellent communications skills and follow-up
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support our ever-expanding retail market
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
At Qurate Retail Group you’ll discover a whole world of difference!
You’ll feel the energy everywhere at Qurate Retail Group. We are a select group of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Working together with integrity and purpose, in a culture like no other. When you’re part of Qurate Retail Group, you’ll be one of 27,000 difference makers in eight countries who help millions of customers around the world discover curated collections of unique products every single day. We are not limited by bricks and mortar or defined by any screen. We are always evolving, ever expanding and we never stand still. We rise to the occasion, discover what’s next and ignite the industry. We are creating the third way to shop.