Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse
at River Edgle
- 07-Jun-2019 to 06-Aug-2019 (EST)
- ACT - Assertive Community Treatment
- GA, USA
- Full Time
ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) is a highly intensive, outreached based, out of clinic, service provided by a multidisciplinary team of professionals. Population targeted is individuals who have serious and persistent mental illness and most have a co-occurring diagnosis of substance abuse. These are individuals who do not typically come into a clinic setting for traditional treatment. The ACT Team takes the treatment services to them in their homes, shelters, sidewalks, etc. ACT is available 24 hours/7 days a week to individuals through an on-call rotation among ACT team members. Services will be provided after hours and on weekends.
Services provided to Baldwin and Bibb counties. River Edge is currently seeking a full-time LPN to complete their ACT team. If you are a LPN looking to grow your nursing career in behavioral health, click to apply and a Recruiter will call you within one business day!
Location/Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Baldwin County
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes clients, charting and reporting changes in clients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts.
- Answers clients' calls and determines how to assist them.
- Measures and records clients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Provides basic client care and treatments, such as dressing wounds, treating bedsores, etc.
- Helps clients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene, moving in bed, and standing and walking.
- Works as part of a health care team to assess client needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
- Records food and fluid intake and output.
- May supervise support staff.
Minimum Training & Experience: A Current Georgia license to practice as a licensed practical nurse.
Preferred Experience: Previous experience delivery of behavioral health services is a plus.
All selected applicants must pass a satisfactory background clearance and pre-employment drug test.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring managers. Applicants who are not selected will receive notification via email.