Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Duty Diesel Technician Trainee
- Requisition ID
- Technicians/Service Employees
- Employment Type
- Regular - Full Time (4)
- Travel Requirements
- Position Code
We are currently hiring a Heavy Duty Diesel Technician Trainee in Newnan, GA!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
Call Jennifer @ 331-237-0037 or text "Newnan" to 331-237-0037 for more information!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
The Technician Trainee (TT) role is a developmental position intended to familiarize a new employee with the Technician role while working as a Service Employee and is enrolled in Ryder’s 18 month Technical Training Developmental Program. The incumbent will be assigned to a mentor and receive hands-on experience and knowledge in a professional shop environment. In addition, Ryder will have the opportunity to gauge the trainee’s technical aptitude, work ethic, and if they are a culture fit. The ultimate goal is to acclimate the Technician Trainee to Ryder’s current business model, culture, and practices which could potentially lead to a future Technician I or Technician II position.
The Technician Trainee must be able to fulfill all assigned responsibilities and technician training on a weekly basis, as guided by their assigned location mentor. The TT must be in good standing with their employment and throughout the developmental program. As with all Fleet Management Solutions (FMS) Shop positions, the trainee is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. Upon completion of the Technical Training Developmental Program, the TT will be prepared for technician level opportunities within the company.
- H.S. diploma/GED in General H.S. subjects
- Zero to one (1) year mechanical experience working with, and maintaining, primarily diesel engines preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong technical aptitude with ability to learn to use and maintain equipment and machinery preferred
- Ability to:
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems preferred
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Professionally represent Ryder and competently engage both Ryder employees and customers
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must have track record of performance and good attendance
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Competency in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office environment
- Beginner level knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred
- Beginner level knowledge of shop management systems preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A Valid driver’s license (180 Days)
- DOT safety regulated position; regulated tech
- Safety sensitive position; minimum age requirements and work hours will be determined by State Law
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder drug test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder background and motor vehicle check including drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last three (3) years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Move heavy duty vehicles into or out of yard, wash bay, service shop, or delivered to rental shop. Wash and detail vehicles manually or using automated equipment; fuel diesel, natural gas, and hybrid vehicles properly while adhering to all shop safety policies and procedures; record fuel activity and maintain proper fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation; this includes using hand held devices to properly identify customer and required services
- Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies and procedures; this includes checking vehicle tire pressure and thread, fluid levels, lights, washing vehicle windows, changing tires, inspecting refrigeration units on trucks, and reporting service or driver issues to shop
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies; perform some facility maintenance; perform minor maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Attend and complete all Technician Training Development Program requirements and assessments. Training will include hands-on and online training as well as performing tasks learned. Technician Training Development Program will include but is not limited to:
- Service Island Training:
- Service Island Multi-point Inspection (includes Hand Held)
- Vehicle Fueling and Washing
- Environmental Safety & Spill Response
- Safe Driving
- Service Island Organization & Cleanliness (6S Standards)
- Technician I Training:
- Preventive Maintenance
- Tire and Wheel
- Service Bay Tool
- Technician II Training:
- HD Electrical
- Air and Hydraulic Brakes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.