Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Location: Atlanta (Zip Code: 30336)
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of associates to achieve a variety of goals including: productivity, problem resolution, outstanding customer service, employee relations (motivation and development) and maintaining a safe work environment.
Shift: Friday - Sunday - Nights: 6:00pm - 6:00am
- Ensure acceptable levels of profitability in assigned business unit by meeting or exceeding productivity standards and cost control management
- Ensure exceptional customer service key performance indicators (order fill rate accuracy, unannounced inspections, inventory accuracy, etc.)
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by meeting or exceeding SCLS corporate safety goals
- Promote constant and measureable improvement; teach and enforce SCLS’ Quality Policy at all times
- Effectively communicate SCLS goals, expectations, areas for improvement and successes to associates
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the department
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports in order to ensure personal growth and career development
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in a lead or supervisor role preferably in a warehouse or distribution environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence department and implement and manage change
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others’ efforts
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the completion of operational goals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to build a cohesive team that exemplifies SCLS’ values and operates to support SCLS’ mission statement
Every Journey Matters
Ever have a package land on your doorstep, and wonder how it got there? You probably didn’t consider the numerous people and hundreds of miles it took to get your product in your hands. At Saddle Creek, we drive the full supply chain to get that package to our client's customers quickly and cost effectively. Our nationwide footprint employs everyone from hourly warehouse workers, to truck drivers, to certified six sigma black-belt engineers. Join us in driving the omnichannel evolution.