Saint Leo University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Saint Leo University
Job Description Summary
The Staff Assistant will provide administrative support in the application, maintenance, and processing of student, faculty and/or staff policies and procedures. The role is located in our Atlanta Center.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and coordinate administrative and office functions
- Answer phones, direct phone calls to the appropriate person
- Maintain files and records; keeping them in order and easily accessible
- File, copy, fax, and scan vital documents to perspective departments
- Data entry; updating & maintaining various databases
- Inventory management; keep flyers and office supplies stocked
- Order books for faculty
- Responsible for correspondence to students
- Maintain and operate central email for center
- Sort & distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing packages & mail
- Open the classroom area and check classrooms for order and cleanliness
- Process payments and requisitions
- Process diploma and graduation applications
- Aggressively follow-up on prospective students and applicants
- Organize tasks daily thru outlook
- Document records of office activities/meetings
- Act as a liaison with University campus offices and educational partnerships
- Assist with course & room scheduling process as directed by director
- Collect data for report preparation
- Serve as faculty contact while maintaining all necessary paperwork associated with adjunct faculty
- Coordinate & arrange meetings
- Assist with processing of VA certifications
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma and two years’ administrative experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills; courteous and polite
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Datatel
- Excellent time management skills; promptness
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, execute, and organize work
- Ability to multitask and display high attention for details
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must live in the Atlanta region
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay’s Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times.
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence—ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries—ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.