Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUE Field Technician II
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
This position reports to the SUE Field Manager and works with other Field Technicians, Field Leads, Survey staff, SUE Office Technicians, and Project Managers. It involves designating of all types of utilities in rural and urban environments using geophysical equipment, project field documentation and survey, and vacuum excavation to expose utilities. Serves as the “lead” on SUE Field Teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains and maintains all required safety certifications
- All responsibilities of a SUE Field Technician I
- Working knowledge of ASCE 38 guidelines and associated quality levels
- Basic comprehension and interpretation of planimetric and design plans, profiles and cross sections, utility records, etc.
- Selects and applies standard issue surface geophysical equipment and non-standard accessories to accurately designate moderately complex public and private underground utility systems for 2D QL-B (2DB) & 3D QL-B (3DB) mapping projects
- Acts as “lead” on 2-person designating teams
- Collects data for and completes vault diagram forms for 2DB mapping projects
- Employs VRS GPR survey equipment to collect horizontal data for 2DB mapping projects and QL-A test holes
- Acts as “lead” on crews employing vacuum excavators and associated equipment to excavate and backfill test holes on existing utilities at average depths and, under average conditions
- Employs automatic or digital levels and associated equipment to run level loops and collect QL-A data from utilities exposed in test hole excavations
- Collects data for utility pole inventories and overhead utility mapping projects
- Implementation of approved traffic control plans for work conducted outside of travel lanes
- Coordinates with internal survey crews in the field
- Training and mentoring of Level II SUE Field Technicians
- Actively works toward obtaining additional skills certifications required for advancement
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- High School Diploma
- Verifiable work history required
- (1-2) years of SUE field experience required
- Experience working as a “lead” on SUE QL-A & QL-B field crews preferred
- Survey experience preferred
- Military experience is a plus
- Must possess a valid local driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the company MVR requirements, clean background check and drug screening
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.