Schuff Steel Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schuff Steel Company
- Schuff Steel - Southeast
- Duluth, GA, USA
- Full Time
Schuff Steel (a subsidiary of DBM Global), the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire an Estimator. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, and exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, University of Phoenix Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our Estimating Department, the Estimator will produce accurate, detail-oriented estimates on small and large complex projects. This will be accomplished through collaborative efforts with various Schuff Steel disciplines such as: fabrication, purchasing, filed erection, pre-construction, sub-fabrication and third party vendors. Our Estimators provide the business with estimates that can be accurately interpreted and executed by our Pre-Construction team.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits, with top pay for an estimator with proven experience in both fabrication and erection. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- 5+ (five) years of experience estimating and bidding on structural steel construction projects
- Review and analyze blueprints, specifications, and other documentation presented by the client, to accurately prepare and estimate projects.
- Collaborate with others on how we want to build the job in fabrication and erection.
- Prepare detail oriented and accurate estimates on new projects and estimate prices for any change orders on existing contracts, meeting assigned deadlines.
- Prepare take off of steel materials, estimate all necessary shop labor and field erection, estimate materials, buyout items and equipment cost etc. to prepare a thorough bid estimate
- Type up all estimates in our in house computer program; enter takeoffs, drawing numbers etc.
- Read and interpret job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a "take off" of materials included in the job, estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
- Work directly with Sales and Pre-construction Teams to understand size and scope of projects along with timelines and applicable project deadlines.
- Adhere to and follow the Schuff estimating guidelines and procedures.
- Be comfortable to discuss alternative recommendations on projects in which management requires alternative estimates to meet client needs.
- Interact with other key team members in a professional manner
- Prepare pricing estimates on new projects, estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts, and summarize results with appropriate leaders to ensure all aspects of job.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602) 687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.