Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Perform all mechanical/electrical service duties (troubleshooting and repairing of pumps and other Flygt products) on the phone, in the shop and at field locations. Also performs other duties related to the running and maintenance of the shop.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair pumps and other Flygt products, over the phone, in the shop and on location. Prepare cost estimates as required.
- Wire, convert and test new or repaired pumps.
- Handle or assist in shipping and receiving duties. Pick up and deliver pumps and parts (new or rental equipment). May perform parts department duties as required.
- Maintain shop in an orderly, secure and efficient manner. Maintain shop equipment and tools, proper stock levels of pumps, parts and other products, including rental banks where applicable.
- Assist customers with various service and sales related problems. This may include helping the customer select a pump or part.
- Assist sales, service and inventory personnel as required.
- Perform and/or assist in project assignments, reports and processing/maintenance of all required paperwork.
- May order and/or make local purchases of shop supplies, parts., etc., when necessary.
- Handle or assist in the performance of start-up duties or problems.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School diploma of equivalent required. 2-year technical training or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years mechanical and maintenance experience
- 2 years equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Valid drivers license with good driving history.
- Must be able to obtain DOT certification if assigned a mobile service vehicle.
- Light construction experience a plus.
- Ability to read wiring schematics and have a basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to provide “On Call” services as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractors site.
- Travel: Overnight travel as needed to customer or other branch locations.
- Misc: Driving a mobile service vehicle and operating a mounted crane.
EOE including disability and veteran