Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- FLSA Status
- 3rd Shift
A great job-and a great future-awaits you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, we’re a $15-billion global food company with more than 52,000 employees worldwide. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits among the best in the industry
- A variety of career paths, including:
- Quality Assurance/Food Safety
- Hog Procurement
- Opportunities for career growth
- Tuition assistance
Production employees at Smithfield handle materials and use hand tools, knives, machinery, and equipment to help deliver good food responsibly to America’s dinner table. Production team members at Smithfield perform physically demanding work that requires good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, strength and stamina.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must be willing and able to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Perform a task requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing, and extending arms
- Stand on concrete and/or platforms for up to a 12-hour shift
- Work around animal blood and/or carcass parts
- Work with a knife (if trained)
- Work in cold areas (approximately 20-40 degrees) and/or warm areas (over 100 degrees)
- Work in an environment that is wet and humid
- Work while wearing a hard hat, hearing/eye protection, and steel-toed safety shoes
- Work in a noisy environment using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work with sanitation/cleaning chemicals
- Work around strong smells/odors
- Climb/move on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways and platforms
- Bend, stoop, and twist repetitively over the course of an entire shift
- Walk long distances
- This work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Some positions may require repetitive overhead lifting up to 30 lbs, single lifting of heavy objects which can weigh up to 60 lbs, or lifting of objects using mechanical assistance.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.