Snap-on Business Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Snap-on Business Solutions
- Job ID
To work within the Distribution Center environment to provide quality and timely service to our customers. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to accurate receiving, put-away, cycle counting, picking, sorting, packing, kitting and assembly, special treatments, auditing and shipment of inventory. Equipment used may include, using laser etch machines and working with warehouse management systems. May possibly use handheld RF scanner, powered material handling equipment and / or truck, hand and powered banders, computer terminals and manifesting systems, stretch wrap and shrink-wrap machines. May require fork lift certification.
- Load and unload freight using powered industrial forklift trucks or hand pallet jacks.
- Receive stock by visually comparing stock number and quantity against a receiving document.
- Put away stock in picking and reserve locations using both hand and powered material handling equipment.
- Physically count and verify stock in picking and reserve locations, and count bulk stock using a counting scale.
- Process customer orders by picking stock from pick locations, visually verifying stock number and quantity against the information displayed on the picking document.
- Pack stock into shipping cartons or assemble inventory into kits.
- Operate laser etch machines, warehouse management system and handheld RF scanner, hand and powered banders, computer terminals and manifesting systems, shrink-wrap and stretch wrap machines, etc.
- Verify items that were picked and/or assembled for a customer through an audit process.
- Perform job functions following all documented procedures safely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the warehouse / distribution center.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math aptitude required
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to drive a powered industrial truck using good foot-hand-eye coordination and consistently use clear safety communication techniques.
- Effective communication skills (Written and oral as well as the ability to interact effectively with coworkers and other associates) in English and use sound reasoning in problem solving.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks that are complex or varied, memorize instructions and accurately complete assignments within time frames required.
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions and execute those instructions accurately and timely.
- Visual: Need ability to discern colors and be able to work accurately and safely using close vision and depth perception
- Ability to frequently crouch, kneel, stand, stoop, and walk. Requires strength to push/pull or apply up to 50lbs. of pressure; as well as ability to climb, reach, turn and twist all during the shift. Ability to walk up & down stairs/ladders; occasionally balance, climb, crawl or sit. Ability to reach and grasp work (good manual dexterity) and repeatedly lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- Prior warehousing, material handling, shipping and receiving, computer terminal use and/or forklift experience is preferred. May be required to have forklift certification to be qualified for position.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement processes and ability to communicate improvement ideas to managers is a plus.
- Must be dependable; willing to work overtime and adjust schedule, per business demands.
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package and a complete benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401k Savings plan, a pension plan, tuition reimbursement, a legal services plan, an employee stock purchase plan, a discount on Snap-on products, and more.
Snap-on is a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply. Local candidates are encouraged to apply as we are not offering relocation at this time, nor is this position eligible for the employee referral program.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran