Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Business Development
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you experienced at selling to the C-Suite? Do you have a sales hunter personality ready to implement sales strategies that win? Working in Sales at Sodexo, your strong business ethics and competitive spirit will help you sell outsource solutions to potential clients.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers each day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by offering Quality of Life Services, including Culinary and Food Management, Engineering and Facilities Management, Housekeeping Management, Nutrition and Benefits and Reward Services.
And we’re growing. Sodexo’s growth strategy and our desire to be a leader in each of the industries where we work affords our employees the opportunity to bring on new clients in numerous areas – and continue to grow their careers in almost any direction. At Sodexo, it’s possible to have multiple careers all while working for the same company.
We also help you build your career. At Sodexo, we place a high value in investing in you with programs that are unmatched by other companies. We offer in-house professional development programs and support our employees who want to pursue external learning opportunities – whether you want to stay on the cutting edge or learn new skills to help you advance into a new type of role.
At Sodexo, it really is about our people. Our Sales teams support each other and come together as a team while recognizing each employee for his or her contributions.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Knowledge of contract management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- C-level sales acumen
- Technical & Financial skills
The Director of Business Development is responsible for:
- Researching prospective organizations to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to.
- Developing new and potential accounts within the assigned geographic area.
- Coaching customer stakeholders and building consensus for Sodexo’s solutions within their organization.
- Independently and collaboratively strategizing for solving deal-level challenges.
- Increasing Sodexo’s sales volume and deal size
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Sales positions to support sales in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health, Senior Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services across the United States. Continue your search for Sales jobs.
- Investigates and analyses new and expanded business opportunities; develops and maintains positive business relationships with new and existing clients; builds both internal and external networks
- Examines client needs to maximize business and/or solutions for business concerns; performs cost-benefits and needs analysis
- Embodies Sodexo Global Sales Academy and Selling the Sodexo Way framework; Leads the process for sales presentations, proposals, and assists in the development of contractual sales documents. and leads contracting strategy and negotiations
- Develops and implements the business plan, budget and forecasts to achieve sales, market share, hit rates and market growth targets to attain overall financial goals, and fulfills all CRM reporting and data quality requirements
- Researches growth strategies and competitor practices and strategies to evaluate and implement new strategies
- This dual sales role is responsible for selling profitable new business and generating new revenue growth from the right clients under the right terms for Sodexo, and/or supporting retention or managing a portfolio of accounts. As a new sales developer, secures continued business development opportunities for the Company. As a retention specialist secures continued business with existing accounts. As an account management professional, maintains and maximizes client relationships. Develops business solutions to improve client operations and reduce operating costs based on knowledge of organizational strengths and weaknesses, technological advances, external trends, competitors and customer needs. Upholds Company mission and values and provides Quality of Life offers in coordination with Segment objectives
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.