Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef 1
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Do you have a real passion for food and strong leadership skills?
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for our Corporate Services segment in Atlanta, GA.
Looking for a dynamic, hands-on candidate to increase the appeal of our culinary program at one of our top accounts. This candidate will be cooking with the team daily. Must have financial savvy to understand inventory, purchasing, cost controls, and menus.
We are seeking candidates with excellent client and customer facing service skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to lead other employees in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service. This Executive Chef will oversee a stable team of 10 hourly Sodexo production employees.
Why apply to this position?
- This position offers a predominantly Monday through Friday daytime schedule with some night events
- Federal Holidays off
- There is a great opportunity to make an impact and build a great team
- Sodexo provides opportunities for career advancement
- You’ll report to an experienced and knowledgeable manager
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Management and Influence: Can you demonstrate your ability to successfully lead and inspire kitchen employees? Can you influence others to successfully complete their given tasks with high quality outcomes and within budget and time-frame?
- Innovation: Can you show us great examples of your ability to add creativity to Sodexo’s café and dining menus?
- Training: Can you develop and train culinary teams in new concepts?
- Cost Controls: Can you successfully utilize Sodexo costing tools and computer software programs to manage and positively affect the food, labor and inventory costs for the account? Do you have strong computer skills, ideally in food ordering programs?
- Flexibility: Can you demonstrate your ability to flex and adapt to different types of communication styles and interact successfully with Sodexo staff and client customers?
We are seeking Executive Chef candidates with the following in their culinary “toolkits”:
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress our customers with your culinary skills?
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with big city food trends and top chefs?
- Ability to shine in the front of house as well as in the kitchen?
- A strong work ethic – Do you always strive for the best and never cut corners?
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.