Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef 2
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
This is an amazing opportunity for candidates with great leadership and culinary skills to serve one of Atlanta’s premier companies in a location that has a great quality of life.
Sodexo Corporate Services has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 for our high profile account at UPS Global Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia! The current food landscape consists of 2 Corporate Cafes and a Conference Center & Catering operation.
This is an opportunity for an innovative and creative chef who thrives in a fast-paced environment. As the Executive Chef 2 you will have total culinary responsibilities including the overall menu development and execution, food cost management, training of culinary staff and overseeing the food safety program with a focus on excellent customer experience delivery.
The ideal Executive Chef candidate will be a transformational leader who has a proven track record at a first class facility, possesses a true passion for professional cooking and is career driven and self-motivated. Successful characteristics include exceptional communication skills, an eye for high end food quality, and a high level of organization skills. A strong focus in customer service, culinary expertise and attention to detail are key in our selection process. Proven computer skills are required.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- understand that flavors and consistency are key drivers of the corporate dining experience in all food offerings and is just as passionate about producing the best hamburger as preparing the most complex catered event.
- provide proper, forthright, and timely communication and direction to both the client and culinary team as well as show unwavering attention to detail.
- partner with the Catering Manager & front of house staff on all food production aspects of special events being planned.
- ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times. This includes daily site visits to all outlets.
- interact enthusiastically with the client and is available for consultation on menus for special events.
- be a motivator committed to professionalism and staff development through hands-on training and coaching.
The ideal and successful candidate has:
- a hands-on approach, who cooks or directly supervises the production of items that require skillful preparation.
- an organized and detail-oriented approach without an ego driven approach.
- a proven ability to build, lead, and mentor a strong team and keep them engaged.
- strong menu engineering, food cost control, and payroll management skills.
- the ability to institutionalize standards and consistency techniques for food preparation and presentation that will ensure a high quality product is consistently delivered timely.
- a positive, high energy personality and is up for a challenge with creative ideas and a willingness to collaborate with a diverse team.
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.