Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. BT Sales Manager
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
- Develop new and existing accounts to achieve budgeted transient sales revenue and profitability. Prospect, research and solicit new accounts.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Demonstrate your professional presentation skills at Industry Trade Shows, Sales calls and Networking functions.
- Maintain “top of mind” awareness with key account contacts, sales calls, networking, entertainment, etc.
- Meet monthly booking goals, as indicated by the Annual Business Plan and Budget.
- Communicate all account information to the appropriate departments via hotel database/systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service through relationship development, strategizing account development and creating quarterly plans that fully exhibit commitment and creativity to exceed customer expectations.
- Sell the Hotel aggressively, utilizing a solution based approach to securing business in a way that delivers positively against customer and account needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge and awareness of the competition in current and changing conditions.
- Support and implement the specific Transient Sales actions outlined in the Annual Business & Marketing Plans to maintain the corporate direction.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Sales records and reports including the Delphi database, Account files and Sales Forecast.
- Actively participate in Revenue Strategy/Forecast meetings with Revenue Manager and other members of the leadership team.
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions, Hotel staff meetings and client events as required for specific business situation, or as requested by Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager.
- Conduct site inspections, escort client visits, actively entertain, and personally interact with customers, as appropriate for transient travel development.
- Promote the Hotel through regular industry involvement and exposure at local and/or national events.
- Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
- Actively support the development, training, mentoring of associates and accept such responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager.
- Perform special projects or duties as requested by Director of Sales & Marketing.
Four year degree and minimum of 2 years hotel sales experience preferred.
- Physical demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Position may require reaching with hands and arms
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, effectively with guests, vendors and co-workers
- Must read, write and speak the English language fluently
- Computer skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel
- Daily use of Delphi
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.