State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (SECURITY) - MARIETTA RYDC
at State of Georgia
Manages the operation and administration of a youth detention facility. Develops and implements appropriate security and facility policies and procedures. Directs subordinate supervisors as well as other subordinate staff.
DUITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and implements appropriate security and facility policies and procedures.
• Directs subordinate supervisors as well as other subordinate staff.
• Directs and personally monitors security functions and activities to maintain the custody and security of youth offenders.
• Identifies training needs and provides guidance and training to correctional staff.
• Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges staff.
• Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for corrections staff.
• Manages the operations and activities of youth detention facility.
• Monitors budget activities of youth detention facility.
• Monitors, inspects, and evaluates operations, programs, services, activities, and conditions.
• Oversees and/or conducts inspections, searches, investigations, and evaluations.
• Performs crisis response, containment, and intervention in emergencies.
• Plans, implements, directs, and coordinates various programs and activities.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of closely related experience in a criminal justice or correctional system OR Three years of supervisory custodial experience in a criminal justice or correctional system, One year of which is at a level equivalent to a manager in a law enforcement setting. Note: Some positions may require P.O.S.T. certification.