State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Georgia
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) serves people of all ages who have an intellectual disability or defined closely related developmental disabilities (such as autism, cerebral palsy, and seizure disorder), and those with additional dual diagnoses (ID and other psychiatric disorders).
The main office for DBHDD is located in downtown Atlanta. DBHDD has regional offices throughout the state, including five regional hospitals.
This position mainly works in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Community.
- Conducts and reports on communication assessments for deaf, deaf-blind, and hard of hearing individuals utilizing multiple modes of communication including American Sign Language.
- Collaborates with local treatment teams in defining client specific communication needs in the development of treatment plans.
- Provides technical assistance with planning, achieving, and maintaining communication access and quality compliance.
- Supports management in the delivery of an effective, efficient, and compliant communicative support environment for individuals with hearing loss.
- Assesses and documents provider communication support capabilities within the framework of behavioral health and mental health services delivery.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
1. Collects and compiles data
•Records predetermined information to facilitate the development of effective goals, outcome measures, and input measures based upon individual communication assessments
•Consolidates and organizes information gained from assessment interviews
•Responds to routine and special requests for data
2. Prepares reports based on communication assessment results
•Prepares accurate and complete reports of findings
•Collects pertinent information from files, databases, other programs, and departmental guidelines to augment reports
•Creates easy to understand charts and graphs for inclusion in reports and presentations, as needed
•Assists in the implementation of changes and improvements at the provider level to increase communication access to needed services.
3. Proactively supports team processes and cross-functional collaboration
•Effectively communicates assessment results and responds to care team questions
•Periodically assesses client progress
•Acts as an advocate for the definition and the delivery of services
•Assesses current and on-going communication access needs at client and provider levels
•Assists care teams by providing clarification in the design and delivery of individual treatment plans
•Maintains a working relationship with additional community support systems/resources in support of client needs
•Acts as a liaison between management, providers, clients, and other stakeholders including but not limited to departmental staff, the general public, and external representatives
4. Contributes to organizational success by assisting individuals and service providers in the definition, delivery, and maintenance of compliant, and effective communication
•Clearly and accurately communicates or conveys directives, assignments, instructions, messages, and information from the director to appropriate individuals as required
•Dynamically prioritizes work to support completion deadlines
•Clearly communicates to project participants and monitors adherence to goals, priorities, and timetables
•Constantly evaluates practices, policies, and procedures, for effectiveness and identifies improvement opportunities and corrective action recommendations to improve services
•Exercises sound, prudent, and professional judgment in the completion of assigned duties while maintaining strict confidentiality policy in the management of client, service provider, and department information
•Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
5. Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services or products to clients and stakeholders
•Treats others with respect, courtesy and tact; listens and interacts with clients and stakeholders as an individual while maintaining the business relationship
•Effectively communicates with clients and stakeholders to obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; to include, in the event requested services cannot be provided, the ability to tactfully offer an explanation
•Provides clear, concise, and accurate information with the ability to explain procedures, materials, or supplemental information necessary to address FAQ's or other anticipated issues
•Responds to client and stakeholder needs with a sense of urgency within a reasonable time frame
6. Interacts cooperatively with co-workers, customers and other contacts to provide consistent, professional, quality focused services to clients, and stakeholders. (Performed by all incumbents)
•Treats co-workers and other contacts with respect, courtesy and tact.
•Provides clear, accurate, and complete information upon request.
This position will be home-based and will involve Extensive travel within the state of Georgia.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring agency.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
DBHDD is an equal opportunity employer
When applying for this position, you will be asked if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as stated below and may possibly be presented with additional questions to assess preferred qualifications. Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the preferred qualifications and have demonstrated relevant experience clearly indicated in their work history.
- 15 days each year up to 5 years of service
- (accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month)
- 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service
- (accrual at a rate of 12 hours per month)
- 21 days each year for 10 years of service
- (accrual at a rate of 14 hours per month)
Sick Leave –
- 15 days each year
- (accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month)
- The state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a matching employer contribution and a
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Video that explains how these plans work
Available Insurance –
- Dental; Vision;
- Legal; Disability;
- Life & Dependent Life
Flexible Spending Accounts –
Tuition Forgiveness –
- DBHDD is a Qualified Employer for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Information about the program can be found at the following link:
FORTHIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUNDCHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience related to area of assignment. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.