State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dean of Adult Education
at State of Georgia
SavannahTechnical College is seeking a Dean of Adult Education. This full-time, exempt position isresponsible for the Adult Education program and will report to the VicePresident for Economic Development. Under minimal supervision, establishes adult education programs for areaindividuals and employers at multiple site locations. Plans and organizes the unit's work to meetthe college's goals. Administersinstructional services for Adult Education students. Promotes the Adult Education Program topublic and private organizations throughout the Service Delivery Area (SDA),consisting of Effingham, Chatham, Bryan, and Liberty Counties. Reviews and approves requests for suppliesand materials. Prepares the specifications and budget for the program. Overseesthe administration of assessment and student placement tests for AdultEducation students. Represents thedepartment at various internal and external meetings. Maintains or oversees the maintenance ofstudent records. Supervises subordinateemployees. Creates and maintains a highperformance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong teamorientation.
· Bachelor's in education, business administration, or aclosely related field.
· Three years of teaching or instructional deliveryexperience in an educational or related setting which must have includedresponsibility for curriculum design, development and assessment, as well asthe application of effective instructional delivery and student assessmenttechniques/methods.
· Master'sDegree in Education (or in a related field)
· Excellentcommunication skills, marketing ability, program planning experience, andoutstanding management skills.
· Background/workexperience including knowledge of adult learning techniques and the delivery ofeducational services to an adult population.
· Priorsupervisory experience and/or a background in financial management to includebudget development and oversight responsibilities and contractsadministration.
Theemployee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight. Workis typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting,standing, or walking in various settings. Full range of hand and finger motionis utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefitsinclude paid state holidays, annual and sick leave, and the State of GeorgiaFlexible Benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter, transcripts, and resume(incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salaryfor each position held.
POSITIONCONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due tothe volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact eachapplicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, arepresentative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does notdiscriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender,religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, geneticinformation, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenshipstatus (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitationto Self-Identify Forcompliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator,Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send writtencorrespondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: MelissaBanks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC isaccredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association ofColleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may berequired to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or adriver's history report for positions involving state travel.