State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dean of Effingham Campus
at State of Georgia
Under the direction of the VicePresident for Student Affairs, the Campus Dean is responsible for theadministration and operation of the Savannah Technical College EffinghamCampus. This individual will alsooversee academic programs, courses, and instruction services including college,community and high school programs, as well as promote the college to publicand private organizations.
· Provides leadership and is responsible for the supervisionof the student affairs department of the campus, including personnel, programs,and services;
· Oversees the administration of academic programs and courseson Effingham Campus;
· Coordinates and provides registration and enrollmentservices to high school dual enrollment programs and courses throughoutEffingham County;
· Ensures the consistent exercise, review, and revision ofstudent affairs and academic affairs policies, procedures, rules andregulations;
· Oversees the enrollment and registration process to includebut not limited to Financial Aid, Registrar, and testing/placement services;
· Resolves student complaints and issues;
· Works with Human Resources personnel to coordinate new staffhires;
· Manages and oversees financial/budget operation of thedepartment;
· Serves as an ambassador for the college - addresses needs ofstudents, faculty, staff and outside customers, and diplomatically resolvesconcerns/complaints where necessary;
· Maintains or oversees the maintenance of all studentrecords.
Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university *and* three(3) years of work related experience at a managerial level in an academic orindustrial environment.
Three years of full-time, progressive management experience working in afast-paced, high-volume higher education environment. Excellent leadership and managerial skillsand the capacity to supervise and lead a college campus.
The employee occasionallylifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight; must be able to lift up to25 pounds. Work is typically performed in an office environment withintermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings. Full range ofhand and finger motion is required for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate witheducation and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays,annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and reference check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, andattach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not beconsidered). Please include your annualsalary for each position held.
POSITIONCONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note:No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, weare unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested inscheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does notdiscriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin,gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, geneticinformation, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenshipstatus (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation toSelf-Identify Forcompliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator,Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send written correspondence to SavannahTechnical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White BluffRoad, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission onColleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award theassociate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver'sLicense, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positionsinvolving state travel.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university *and* Three (3) years of work related experience