State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Georgia
Job Reference #: HEA04F8
The selected incumbent for this position must perform the following duties:
- Under general supervision, assists the dentist and/or hygienist in chair-side dentistry.
- Prepares dental instruments.
- May perform administrative duties.
- Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Cleans and polishes removable appliances.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Instructs a client in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts.
- Prepares clients, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Records treatment information in client records.
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of clients
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Vocational/Technical degree in dental assisting from an accredited college AND Six months of experience as a dental hygienist OR High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience in a dental setting.