State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forensic Service Technician Lead - 2nd Shift - Central State Hospital
at State of Georgia
This posting will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has been received.
Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured that your resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
This is for a 2nd Shift position. If you are also interested in other shifts you need to apply to them as well.
• Working under broad supervision, provides basic patient care and works with patients/clients to develop daily living skills.
• May take vital signs and perform other related medical procedures under the direction of nursing staff.
• Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas.
• May supervise and/or direct the work of others.
• Answers clients' call signals.
• Assists in administration of medications and treatments, takes vital signs, and/or draws blood or collects other bodily fluids, as directed by a physician or nurse.
• Bathes, grooms, shaves and dresses clients.
• Conducts activities for recreation and socialization.
• Ensures safety and security of clients.
• Feeds clients who are unable to feed themselves. Implements assigned parts of client individualized treatment and behavior management plans.
• Observes and documents patient data, behavior and activity.
• Prepares clients for treatment or examination.
• Provides client care by supplying and emptying bedpans, applying dressings and supervising exercise routines.
• Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
• Transports and/or accompanies clients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher.
• Turns and re-positions bedridden clients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years ofservice; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
SickLeave:accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgiarecognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matchingemployer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
AvailableInsurance:Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
TaxDeferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programqualified employer.
High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience in a related field OR One year of experience at the lower level Health Aide 2 (HCS021) or position equivalent.
- Experience working with forensic individuals, correctional offenders, or a similar population such as juvenile justice youthful offenders.
- Experience supervising others
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver's License with an acceptable MVR