State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Aide 2 - 3rd Shift
at State of Georgia
Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Health Aide 2 – 3rd Shift. This position will work 11:00 pm – 7:30 am.
Georgia Regional Hospital – Savannah (GRHS) operates 180 licensed, accredited inpatient beds for two major program areas: 1) adult mental health, 2) adult forensic services.
GRHS offers inpatient adult mental health services, inpatient habilitation services and forensic program services to a catchment area of approximately 45 Georgia counties.
•Vacation - 15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
•Sick Leave – accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
•Holidays – the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidays
•Retirement - 401(k) with a matching employer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
•Available Insurance – Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & Dependent Life
•Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare & Childcare
Adult Mental Health (AMH) Units and Forensic Units:
Provide basic patient care and work with patients/clients to develop daily living skills. Completes required documentation in patient and unit records. Takes vital signs as needed and document accordingly in the Electronic Medical Record. Ensures safety and security of clients. Observes and documents patient data, behavior and activity. Prepares clients for treatments or examinations. May assist with bathing or activities of daily living.
• Provides training to individuals in a variety of areas depending upon the individual's needs.
• Completes required documentation in the individual's and unit records.
• Observes and maintains an awareness of individuals' behavior and physical whereabouts to ensure their security and safety.
• Transports/accompanies individuals to appointments and activities in various locations and off campus visits.
• Participates in providing for a safe, secure, clean and attractive environment for individuals, visitors, and staff.
• Provides assistance to other staff when admitting and orienting new individuals to units.
• Conducts activities for recreation and socialization
• Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
• Assist with identifying individuals in medication line
• Assist with lab draws and the collecting of bodily fluid specimens
• Conducts environment rounds
• Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team
• Participates in crisis de-escalation
• Serves on hospital-wide committees
• Group facilitation
**You may log on to Team Georgia for status of your application. If selected for phone screening, you will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our agency.
**We reserve the right to remove postings at any time.
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.