State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Georgia
Any given position will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has been received.
Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured that your resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
- Performs any combination of duties to maintain order, sanitation, and cleanliness in facilities.
- Maintains supplies as needed.
- This is the entry/training level of the Housekeeping job series. Incumbents at this level may require additional training or experience to gain full proficiency in some or all of the job responsibilities.
- Cleans and straightens assigned areas.
- Collects, sorts, launders, transports and distributes linens and uniforms.
- May mend linens and assist in preventative maintenance and repair.
- Observes required safety precautions in disposing of contaminated refuse.
- Operates hand tools.
- Participates in making, marking, altering and mending of clothing, linens, and other items
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years ofservice; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
SickLeave:accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgiarecognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matchingemployer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
AvailableInsurance:Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
TaxDeferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programqualified employer.
Any combination of training and experience that would have enabled the applicant to have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in an institutional / healthcare setting
- One or more years in the housekeeping experience
- High School Diploma or GED