State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infection Control Nurse
at State of Georgia
Any givenposition will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has beenreceived.
Due tothe high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide thestatus on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured thatyour resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you areselected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients. May advise clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas. May supervise support staff or employees. Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans. Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records. Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients' responses and conditions.
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and physical activity. Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients' conditions. Observes nurses and visits clients to ensure that proper nursing care is provided.
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments. Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Provides education to client and family. Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation. Provides training for other staff in job
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years ofservice; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
SickLeave:accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgiarecognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matchingemployer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
AvailableInsurance:Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
TaxDeferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programqualified employer.
*FOR THIS TYPE OFEMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS ACONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT *
Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university OR Associate's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND current Georgia license as a Registered Professional Nurse AND One year of professional nursing experience.
- Current Georgia Nursing License
- Two years supervisory experience at a Registered Nurse level
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Experience in coordinating and/or participating in Infection Prevention and Control Programs
- Certification- APIC Certification; Certification in Infection Prevention and Control, or CIC