State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst 2
at State of Georgia
The Departmentof Administrative Services Information Technology Division is seeking anindividual with strong procurement systems knowledge and business analysisskills for a position with Team Georgia Marketplace™. The Business Analyst analyzes, configures,troubleshoots and supports PeopleSoft Enterprise Supplier RelationshipManagement modules including, eProcurement, Catalog Management, StrategicSourcing, Supplier Contracts and Supplier Support. This individual should have knowledge ofprocurement tools and processes. In thisrole, the individual will work directly with state entity procurement staffs toassist with the implementation of Team Georgia Marketplace as well as supportproduction use of the modules. Thisindividual should have good organization, presentation, and problem-solvingskills to assist the implementation team and state entity staff in developingand using Team Georgia Marketplace™.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas for Team Georgia Marketplace™
- Analyzes information to determine nature and extent of customer requirements and concerns
- Assesses and manages project risks
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures used in development of new or enhancement of existing systems
- Conducts quality assessments, operational procedures, and ensures that change management procedures are met
- Consults with vendors or technical staff to ensure that functionality of automated system is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations, and best practice standards by users
- Coordinates project planning, development, monitoring and completion initiatives for multiple complex projects
- Develops change management plans for transition to new or upgraded system features
- Documents business processes for users of new or upgraded system
- Develops and administers training for business users
- Serves as liaison between customers and technical staff in implementation and development of business process automation
- Provides customer support in the maintenance of systems
- Tests new installations or upgrades
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple deliverables and critical deadlines
- Ability to interact with customers at all levels
- Ability to evaluate existing procurement workflows and tools and understand their structure and component parts
- Ability to determine function needs and system requirements
· Experience using SQL reporting tools
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor'sdegree in a related field from an accredited college or university
Associate'sdegree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND twoyears of related experience at a lower level IT Business Analyst 1 (ITP060) orposition equivalent.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will begiven to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications,possess one or more of the following items below. PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE YOURQUALIFICATIONS ON YOUR RESUME.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and four years business analyst experience to include procurement processes
- Four years business analyst experience to include procurement processes and contracts
- Experience in the use or implementation of PeopleSoft SRM Modules or other ERP software
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting applications
- Certification as a Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Experience in state procurement processes including legislative andpolicy requirements
Applications accepted at Team Georgia Careers
Due to the volume ofapplications received, we are unable to provide information on applicationstatus by phone or email. Only those applicants selected for an interviewwill be contacted by the hiring agency.
This position is subject to close atany time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
DOAS is an equalopportunity employer
When applying for this position, you will beasked if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as stated belowand may possibly be presented with additional questions to assess preferredqualifications. Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of thepreferred qualifications and have demonstrated experience clearly indicatedin their work history.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Two years of experience at the lower level IT Business Analyst 1 (ITP060) or position equivalent.